For any casino to be successful in the very competitive online gambling industry they have to offer good online bonuses to their customers, there are three types of bonuses the sign up bonus, the reload bonus and the referral bonus, the most common is the sign up bonus with the other two depending with the site. The sign up bonus is where the casino pays you money for joining their casino and it is usually a percentage of the initial signup fee, a normal bonus is about 50% but some sites are offering as much as100%. In this article we look at the advantages and disadvantages of online poker bonuses.
The advantages of online poker bonuses are:
- Financial benefit: the first and most obvious advantage is that its free money all you have to do is simply sign up, then play a few games in order to clear your bonus, and if you’re a good player you can win a few games and add on to your bankroll.
- Shopping around: online poker bonuses are an easy way to test out a site without spending too much of your money, so you can play as many games as it takes to clear your bonus and if you like the site your free to stay there but you can take your bonus money and go elsewhere.
- No obligation: the other advantage of online casino bonuses is that you can sign up to as many poker sites as you can, and as long as you can play the number of games required to clear the bonus then you can collect bonuses from all these casinos at once.
The disadvantages of online poker bonuses are
- Clearing requirements: most people collecting their sign up bonus for the first time will be disappointed to find put that it is not available to them until you play a certain number of raked hands, which is usually determined by the size of your bonus. This is disadvantage because you might find yourself not liking the site after you have already joined and you are then forced to remain at the site for as long as it takes to clear the bonus.
- Time requirements: some sites only allow you to clear your bonus after you have played for a given period of time and if you deplete your bankroll and can’t reload your account on time the given number of raked hands needed to clear your bonus you could lose your bonus. And if you a tight no limit Texas Holdem player them it will be some time before you can clear that bonus.
- Overconfidence: most players make the mistake of seeing the bonus chips as house money, the bonus money is your money and you have to play it carefully and remember not to play it carefully in order to play it make it count.